The main objective of IN FLOW is to bring IN FLOW technology to TRL6 level, providing the following results:
- Implementation of IN FLOW technology at the industrial level:
efficient transfer of this technology from the academic laboratory to the industrial scale (kg)
- Provide solutions / protocols for the preparation of precursors and capsules (biodegradable polymers), and the formulation / encapsulation of active compounds
- Biofunctional / safety evaluation of capsules and final formulations for their specific application
- Production of 2 final products on a kg scale with a high potential for market testing (TRL7)
- Creation of a community in EMR and an open technological platform IN FLOW with production facilities in academic centers (technology transfer) with sustainable value for all and allowing the training of workers and students.
Collaborating cross-border, an added value
The added value of cross-border collaboration is provided by the contribution of BioMIMedics TRL3 created by RWTH Aachen - DWI, CERM ULiège and Maastricht University. By extending this collaboration and strengthening the potential for industrialization by partnering with Sirris, a strong consortium is ensured. Through the market-oriented approach, defined by private end-users (SMEs) through the platform, IN FLOW will create innovative products and technologies. By combining EMR's expertise, technologies and advanced infrastructures into an open innovation platform, IN FLOW proactively creates a larger scale synergy for all stakeholders.
The IN FLOW project is carried out under the Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine Programme, with €2.1 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). By investing EU funds in Interreg projects, the European Union invests directly in economic development, innovation, territorial development, social inclusion and education in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine.